Gary Glover came in to pitch the 7th inning and retired Placido Polanco for the first out. Then the Tigers finally broke loose:
- Mighty Casey woke them up with a homer to right.
- Magglio Ordonez singled to right, his 3rd hit of the game.
- Carlos Guillen tripled to right, his 3rd hit of the game as well.
- Ryan Raburn singled to left.
- Mike Rabelo singled to right.
- Omar Infante singled to center.
It was up to the bullpen to close it out which is far from a guarantee for these 2007 Tigers. This time Fernando Rodney and Todd Jones pitched like it was 2006. Rodney pitched a 1-2-3 8th and Jones a 1-2-3 9th. It was a 6-4 victory for a team that badly needed a win.
With Cleveland leading Minnesota 4-0 in the 8th, it looks like the Tigers will remain a half game behind the division leading Indians. The Tigers will try to win 2 consecutive games for the first time since July 19th tomorrow night. It will be Nate Robertson versus Jason Hammel at 7:05.