The big move that actually did happen tonight was Curtis Granderson's return from the disabled list. Clete Thomas, who batted .295 in Grandy's absence, was sent to Toedo where he will try to continue his development with regular at bats. He wasn't going to get that in Detroit with Curtis back in center field. Granderson had a good 2008 debut tonight with two hits, two walks, two RBI and three runs scored. It's great to see him back in the line-up.
As for the rest of the team tonight, here are the highlights:
- 19 runs, 14 hits, 10 walks
- Guillen - 3 hits, 5 RBI
- Jacque Jones - 2 hits including his first homer (3 extra base hits in two nights)
- Edgar Renteria - 2 hits giving him 6 for 8 in the series so far.
- The bullpen continued their very solid work as of late and some of their work happened before the game got out of hand. Clay Rapada, Aquilino Lopez and Jason Grilli combined for 5 2/3 scoreless innings allowing just 2 hits and no walks and striking out 6.
The 11 run 6th deserves its own highlight list:
- 7 hits, 3 walks, 2 hit batsmen and a sacrifice fly
- A one armed opposite field 3 run homer by Cabrera
- 2 hits, 2 runs and 2 RBI for Granderson.
they will go for a sweep tomorrow afternoon with Jeremy Bonderman on the mound against Scott Feldman. After 29 runs in two nights, here's hoping they saved something for the always tough for them get away day game.