- Johnny Damon was told that he will not be returning in 2011
- Gerald Laird will also not be returning, probably by mutual agreement.
- The Tigers will not exercise the $15 million option on Magglio Ordonez's contract. They can still try to sign him at a lower salary.
- The Tigers announced that they will probably not be re-signing Jeremy Bonderman.
- Brandon Inge has been offered a multi-year deal by the Tigers. For Dave Dombrowski to broadcast that publicly, I have to think that he'll be signing soon.
- The Tigers want Jhonny Peralta back and are talking to his agent. He should be their shortstop next year.
- Carlos Guillen will go into the season without a regular position.
- Phil Coke will join the starting rotation.
So, it appears that the Tigers infield is set for 2011 except to determine whether Scott Sizemore or Will Rhymes will be the second baseman. The starting rotation is also pretty much set unless there is competition with Armando Galarraga for the fifth spot. We can expect them to pursue, corner outfieders, DHs and relievers.